Tuesday 22 January 2008

Katie Ridder

My Feb edition of Domino finally arrived this morning, and because I feel like I'm so starved for visual inspiration, instead of saving it for tonight (or the weekend) I read it this morning over my cuppa at work. I have to say I'm very excited by the NY apartment decorated by Katie Ridder. I'm not a die-hard fan of her work, but this place is really speaking to me. The palette is exactly what I want to do with my place - soft blues and celadons mixed with muted sandy browns, white trims, and dark wood furniture. Gorgeous! I also really like the combination of furniture and accessories - just enough modernity thrown in with the traditional to make it not look old and stuffy. This will keep me satisfied until...oh...tomorrow!

The owner of the apartment pictured above (I own the same dress, how funny is that!)

Pics from Domino Feb 2008, photos by Lucas Allen.

11 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

I really liked this project too! I think it's a classic home but it's not fussy or old. It's like the perfect balance!

ALL THE BEST said...

Mine just arrived too! Can't wait to read it cover to cover!

Habitually Chic said...

I always knew you had great taste. I love the apartment and the dress! Tres chic!

Suzy said...

I totally agree Jennifer - so I'll be keeping my eyes open for future Katie Ridder projects, as I think the balance she's acheived is not an easy thing to do.

Suzy said...

It's a good one Rhonda...enjoy!

Suzy said...

Thanks HC! I wore my dress to see Pink Martini when we were in NY, but now I need to find another excuse to wear it so it doesn't gather dust at the back of my wardrobe!

katiedid said...

HI Suzy! Thnaks for the visit to my blog! I have been so busy lately that i have not had much time to post, so I really appreciate the visit!

I loved this home also, all of the serene colors and great furniture. Great issue this month! :)

Suzy said...

Hi Katie, no problem, I know what its like being busy.

Things That Inspire said...

I love Katie Ridder so much! She is one of my favorites.

TIG said...

I really liked this apartment too (and the blue dress, for that matter). It's both calming and elegant--a really happy, comfortable place.

blah said...

You know Suzie - I'm so jealous - I just received the JAN Issue!! Why am I SO BEHIND? How come youre getting yours so early and I'm getting mine so late????? We're both in HK????!!